Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Displaced

Back for about three days now and jet lag comas are knocking me out. Yesterday I was drooping by 3:00 p.m. (midnight in Slovakia) and by 6 p.m. I was dead to the world. Didn't wake again until early this morning. Today for whatever reason I feel like I can probably make my usual bedtime, which you're supposed to do when you're back in your normal time zone. But then again, jet lag hits you kind of all at once.

I planned two days of rest before walking the Camino but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't get out there a week early or something. I don't know if I could hack being so close to the Camino and not walking it, though.

This European trip, on the other end, I was drooping for almost ten days until my internal clock equalized. It's an odd sensation. I'm home but I feel like I should be someplace else.

Email: It's Hot in Topeka

No comments: