Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Shaken...

So Sunday's earthquake couldn't have waited another couple weeks until I was back in Europe, huh? Bleah. From where I live in West Hollywood, it felt at first like a bout of dizziness. I'd been sitting slouched over my laptop computer and for a moment or three I thought perhaps I'd been squinting at the computer screen for two long.

But, no, the building slowly began to rock back and forth. Stuff on my desk began to rattle. And the begin kept swaying. Usually quakes stop after a few seconds, but this one kept going for a good 30 seconds. Ugh. It wasn't a rough up-and-down motion, but a gentle rock back and forth, a nauseating and unsettling sensation. Anyway, no damage. Just rattled nerves. That night it rained, too. But the rain had the decency to stop by morning rush hour.

Onward and upward.

Email: It's Hot in Topeka
Twitter: 500Turtles

No comments: