Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Camino writing journal #2

Memoir word count: 2529 (total: 4151)
Mood: Relieved.

A good writing day today. The weather today in Los Angeles was grey and almost nippy in the morning; that's remarkable in late July, usually a scorching period. This kind of weather never fails to inspire me. I find even mild heat instantly oppressive.

Today's output was more a purging in my journal rather than anything I originally intended for A Knock on the Head. But I think a fair chunk of it will end up in the book anyway. I want it to be an expression of something, for the reader, that surges beneath the surface but perhaps they can't or don't know how to express. I guess that means I have to go through it as I write it. Today was one of those days. Wasn't planned but that's how it happened.

No comments: