Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camino writing journal #3

Memoir word count: 2314 (total: 6465)
Mood: Contemplative.

Was trying to figure out when I was in a particular city on the Camino as I was writing this morning and found myself distracted by all of the stamps on my credencial. Yet again, I found myself thinking, "Wow, did I really do that? Was I really there?" I feel pressure to record every single second in case the whole experience just evaporates like a dream. Don't know where exactly that pressure is coming from at the moment.

Also wrote about a kind of generalized, non-specific fear that permeates some of the anxiety I've been feeling lately. Nothing too obvious, but instead the rot inside the walls. A kind of anxiousness that surfaces at odd moments for no specific reason. I don't think it's chemical. I hope to get some discussion of this into the book. Onward.

No comments: